Donald Trump is driving the most conservative agenda through the swamp of DC. While the Democrats and the liberal media tried to strike fear that a Trump presidency would cause an economic collapse, the opposite has proven to be true highlighted by the following economic achievements:
• 2 million jobs have been created in one year as a result of increased Growth Domestic Product (GDP) above 3 percent during two quarters. (Note: Obama's economy never had one quarter of GDP during his eight years as president.)
• The unemployment rate has fallen to 4.1 percent, the lowest in 17 years including the lowest unemployment rate for African-Americans and Hispanics ever recorded as well as a 17-year low for women.
• Jobless claims plunge to the lowest level since 1973.
• Challenger reported the lowest level of job cuts since 1990.
• Manufacturing has increased to its highest levels since 2004.
• 2 million fewer Americans are using Food Stamps, a seven-year low. Maybe these are the same 2 million who received a job created in the past year.
• Consumer confidence is at the highest level since 2000.
• Home prices are up 6 percent with mortgage applications for new homes at a seven-year high.
• Gas prices are the lowest in 12 years.
So how did President Trump achieve such success? He has a business mind and withdrew or renegotiated trade deals to make America first. He rolled back old government regulations. For every new government regulation created, 22 were rolled back saving the taxpayers $89 billion. America has a renewed independence in energy as coal mines are reopening, the Keystone pipeline is approved and the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge has been open to responsible energy exploration.
Tax reform has allowed 90 percent of American taxpayers to receive a reduction in taxes including elimination of the Obamacare individual mandate. Businesses are reinvesting billions back into the economy including Apple, who announced 20,000 jobs to be created as they expand a new campus. Over $100 billion reinvested by companies including Ford, Dow Chemical, Sprint, General Motors, IBM, Bayer, Exxon, Toyota, and more. While other companies have announced to return to America, 164 companies have announced bonuses for workers while lowering fees for millions.
President Trump has signed executive orders to boost apprenticeship programs. He has moved to boost computer science in Education Department programs. He has prioritized women-owned businesses for some $500 million in SBA loans. He signed Executive Orders to "Buy American Hire American."
In Washington, he denied the FBI a new building, reduced the White House payroll by $22 million, signed an executive order to make government agencies "lean" and "more accountable," including an audit of the Department of Defense.
The economy is rolling resulting in the stock market making over 60 new highs to over 26,000 on the Dow, which has increase retirement investments for millions of Americans.
These are just the economic accomplishments.
Trump is rebuilding a proud and mighty military. He is negotiating to denuclearize the Korean region after the Clinton administration provided the road to access. ISSI is unheard of today since most of its territory has been destroyed. Syria crossed a red line and was immediately bombed.
Trump gave us Justice Gorsuch and has been appointing many other conservative judges despite the opposition of Democrats.
Trump is making America safe again. He has expanded protection for our border through military assistance, hired more border patrol agents, and hired more immigration judges to speed up the process of deportation. The "Catch and Release" policies of the past have been replaced by restoring law.
Accomplishment after accomplishment, President Trump has kept his word to deliver promise after promise to the America people to Make America Great Again.
Frank Aquila is president of the South San Joaquin Republicans and author of the book, "Sarah Palin Out of Nowhere". He can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org