By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Know rights to access waterways

Editor, Ceres Courier,

Are you wanting to take your kids or grandkids fishing but are put off by ”private property” signs? It would behoove of you to look into Californians and their rights to freely use its waterways ..  it has to do the the high water mark.. look it up and use it. 

Rob Pierce,


LETTERS POLICY: Letters will be considered for publication but must be signed and include an address and phone number. Letters should be 250 words or less and be void of libel. Send to The Ceres Courier, 138 S. Center Street, Turlock CA 95380 or emailed to