By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Placeholder Image
• DRUNK DRIVER CRASHES INTO TRAILER PARK: CERES - A 45-year-old Ceres man who admitted to drinking two 12-packs of beer before he got behind the wheel, crashed into a parked car and a mobilehome on Mitchell Road on Saturday evening.

Sergio Martinez, 45, of Ceres, was taken by Memorial Medical Center in Modesto where he was treated for neck and back pain after crashing his 1988 gray Lincoln Continental into the Westward Ho Mobilehome Park at 3550 Mitchell Road. The crashed occurred at 9:17 p.m.

Ceres police had been alerted to a drunk driver who had exited the freeway at Mitchell Road and on their way to search for the Lincoln received 911 calls about the crash. The front of the car struck the car and the coach in space #31.

After being checked out at the hospital, Martinez was booked into the County Jail on charges of DUI and driving on a suspended license.

• TEEN ARRESTED AFTER DUMPSTER FIRE SET: CERES - A 15-year-old Ceres boy was arrested and booked into Juvenile Hall Sunday on the charge of arson after he allegedly set fire on a dumpster on the grounds of the Ceres American Legion Memorial Building at 2609 Lawrence Street. Witnesses who called in the fire at 8:30 p.m. said they saw three juveniles running from the dumpster toward Tenth Street.

The fire was quickly extinguished and contained to the dumpster.

The teens were found in the area of Tenth and Standford and interviewed. Two of the boys incriminated the third and were released.

• OCCUPANTS FLEE CAR AFTER HITTING SOUND WALL: CERES - Police are looking for the registered owner of a green 2002 Toyota that crashed into a sound wall in the 3100 block of Whitmore Avenue late on Friday, June 18.

The car was found with air bags deployed. It appeared to be driven eastbound on Whitmore Avenue east of the canal when the driver lost control into the westbound lanes and into a sidewalk and sound wall.

The crash occurred at 11:42 p.m.

The front of the car was heavily damaged and witnesses said the occupants ran away from the crash site.