A Ceres business is hosting a fundraiser this Saturday, June 8 for a 10-year-old girl who was diagnosed with leukemia in January.
Proceeds from the fundraiser, dubbed " GET ↓ 4 ASHTIN," at Body & Soul Fitness, 1920 Foundry Court, #B1, Ceres, will benefit Ashtin Venema who suffers from acute lymphoblastic leukemia, often called ALL for short. The day of dancing involves classes for ages ranging from 4 to adult. Five choreographers and teachers are set up for the classes.
Participants may sign up for one class with a $10 donation or attend three classes for a $20 donation.
Classes which are scheduled are:
• 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. - Hip hop with Lucy Acosta for teens and adults;
• 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. -- Hip hop with Simon Anowia for teens and adults;
• 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. - Hip hop with Pookie Valdavia for those aged 7-10;
• 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. - Hip hop with Nico Nieves for teens and adults;
• 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. - Hip hop with Haylee Adrian for teens and adults;
• 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. - Hip hop with Haylee Adrian for children aged 4-6.
Space is limited to approximately 40 per class and interested persons should call 996-0005 to sign up.
Those who do not wish to take classes but want to help out Ashtin may send checks payable to: In Benefit of Ashtin Venema or Ashtin Venema and mail it to 1311 Woodland Ave., Suite 2, Modesto CA 95351.
The daylong event will also include raffle prizes and the sale of T shirts and wrist bands to help Ashtin.
Ashtin is receiving blood transfusions and chemotherapy treatment at Children's Hospital Central California in Madera. The proceeds will help the family with treatment related expenses.