The Ceres Rotary Club invites the community to participate in its “Crab Grab & Auction” set for Saturday, Feb. 27 to benefit its Foundation community projects.
Dinner will be prepared by Kenny Boyd and fellow Rotarians.
Because of COVID restrictions, dinners will be to-go only on Feb. 27 between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. at the Ceres Community Center, 2701 Fourth Street.
Buy single dinners, bags of grab, or enjoy a premier dinner package with wine add-ons and dessert that range from $40 to $600 packages to feed six persons. Tickets must be purchased by Feb. 21 at https://events.handbid.com/auctions/ceres-rotary-crab-feed-and-auction
The online auction is open to anyone (no dinner purchase necessary) with bidding running from Feb. 14 to 28 at the same website. Auction items include vacation stays, a barbecue, dinners, art and jewelry, games, tools and more.
All of the proceeds from this 23rd Annual Crab Feed and Auction will go to support our community in a variety of ways including, but not limited to:
• Hardbound dictionaries to every Ceres third-grader;
• Hosting the Rotary Read-in at Ceres elementary schools, with hundreds of books donated to classroom libraries;
• Rotary Youth Leadership Academy for high school juniors;
• Two-year scholastic and vocational higher education scholarships for high school seniors;
• Support of Salvation Army Red Shield and food distribution warehouse;
• Community Thanksgiving Dinner for over 500 at the Red Shield Center;
• Books donated annually to Red Shield Library, with books then given to area youth;
• Donations to the Ceres Friends of the Library;
• Children’s Crisis Center’s children’s activity room;
• Society for disabilities Day on the Farm and Bike Camp;
• Healthy Aging Association Exercise and Fall Prevention classes;
• Hope Haven West wheelchair retro-fitting and seating clinics for children throughout the developing world;
• Giving activity packs for homeless families living in motel shelters during the pandemic;
• Annual support of international projects to provide medical relief and water sanitation projects.