The Ceres Chamber of Commerce and city of Ceres will host the 2016 Legislative Day on Friday morning with continental breakfast buffet to hear directly from legislative representatives on the issues important to businesses, the local community, and families.
The event gets underway at 7 a.m. at Howard Training Center's Witmer Hall. Reservations for a seat are required by visiting cereschamber.com or calling the Chamber office 537-2601 no later than 1 p.m. Thursday, March 10.
The event will feature candid questions and conversations about a host of pressing legislative issues including transportation, business regulations and the environment.
Local representatives planning to be present include:
• U.S. Congressman Jeff Denham, (R-CA District 10) by video
• State Senator Anthony Cannella (R-District 12)
• State Assemblyman Adam Gray (D-District 21)
• District 5 County Supervisor Jim DeMartini (District 5)
• Ceres Vice Mayor Mike Kline.