Ben and Lois Pettit celebrated their 61st wedding anniversary with an Aug. 23 party attended by 100 family members and close friends.
The couple was married in 1958 at the bride’s parents’ country home on Whitmore Avenue.
The former Lois Morrow was daughter of Red and Maxine Morrow who were the contractors of Morrow Village built in Ceres the early 1950’s, now home of many residents. Ben owned the service station on Fourth Street on Highway 99 where his gold Corvette was a fixture. Lois worked for many years at Florence’s Dress Shop on Fourth Street. Along with most of her friends, Lois was active in Job’s Daughters.
Lois & Ben were both raised in Ceres and started dating while attending Ceres High School.
The couple resides in Turlock now and has two children, Chris and Darryl Pettit, and five grandchildren.