The Ceres City Council sifted through 20 applicants to appoint 10 members to the newly created Beautification Committee on Monday.
The council approved the formation of the ad hoc committee last month.
Applying to be on the committee were Del Ambris, Anthony Cannella, Kelly Cerny, Verna Evans, Charlie Fernandes, Brandi Hendrix, Alyssa Long, Larry Lopes, Amber Maines, Krishan Malhotra, Richard McKay, Brandy Meyer, Nick Pallios, Dave Pratt, Angie Smith, Harinder Toor, John Warren, Steven Whitney, Dovie Wilson and Gene Yeakley.
Each member of the council appointed two as follows:
• Mayor Chris Vierra appointed Anthony Cannella and Charlie Fernandes;
• Vice Mayor Linda Ryno appointed Gene Yeakley and Alyssa Long;
• Councilman Channce Condit appointed John Warren and Richard McKay;
• Councilman Mike Kline picked Larry Lopes and Steven Whitney;
• Councilman Bret Durossette chose Brandy Meyer and Krishan Malhotra.
Code Enforcement representatives will participate in the quarterly meetings. The meetings will be held at 5:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday starting in February.