• IMPAIRED DRIVER HITS PARKED PICKUP: CERES - Police arrested an allegedly impaired driver who drifted into a parked vehicle on Saturday on Sixth Street north of Whitmore Avenue.
Gerardo Madrigal, 57, of Ceres, was driving a 1971 Dodge pickup when he struck a parked 1998 Ford Ranger. A witness placed Madrigal behind the wheel at the time of impact. After a short DUI investigation, it was determined that Madrigal had a blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.17 and he was arrested for drunken driving.
• OFFICER AIDS MODESTO IN ARREST: CERES - Ceres Police Officer Coey Henson and his canine Dex helped Modesto police apprehend a suspect who fled from a car stopped in a police pursuit on Wednesday, Feb. 20.
Modesto officers had been in a short chase of the suspect who stopped the car and fled in the 900 block of Tuolumne Boulevard. Henson and Dex and tracked the suspect to a short distance away where he was arrested on felony warrants.
• PAROLEE ARRESTED: CERES - Parolee-at-large Joshua Liles, 36, was arrested and booked Saturday after he was stopped by officer Carlos Quiroz of the Ceres Police Street Crimes Unit.
Liles was stopped at 12:50 a.m. at Fourth and North streets.
• DUI ARREST MADE: CERES - When a Ceres police officer spotted a Modesto man violating traffic laws in the area of Seventh and Pecos streets on Friday, there was not an immediate response to the red lights blinking in the rear-view mirror.
The driver, Mondre Caldwell, 37, of Modesto, failed to stop and drove several blocks before deciding to pull over. He probably knew he would be arrested for the seven warrants issued for his arrest for prior drunken driving offenses.
He was arrested in the 11:36 p.m. incident and the 1991 Toyota Corolla he was driving was impounded.
• SUSPECT SOUGHT IN HAMMER ATTACK THREAT: CERES - Robert Lopez, 44, of Ceres, is wanted for allegedly threatening to kill his 32-year-old girlfriend with a hammer.
Police received a call about domestic violence in the 3600 block of Tenth Street at 12:41 a.m. on Thursday, Feb. 21. Lopez left the home before police arrived.
Police Lt. Brent Smith said Lopez allegedly armed himself with a hammer as he uttered the verbal threat.
A warrant for his arrest has been sworn by the Ceres Police Department.
• DRUG ARREST MADE: CERES - Reports of a man running down the street with a machete led to the arrest of a Ceres man on drug charges on Sunday evening, Feb. 24.
The person who called police at 11:30 p.m. reported seeing the man in the 3000 block of Dale Court east of Mitchell Road. The reporting party said the man may have ducked into Golden State Tires and Wheels.
When police arrived the business' door was open with interior lights on. Police announced their presence over the PA and out came an impaired Sukhdip Shoker, 28, of Ceres. Shoker was arrested for possession of concentrated cannabis.
Police did not located a machete.
• BYSTANDER'S CALL LEADS TO DUI ARREST: CERES - A citizen's call to 911 about a weaving driver in the area of Hatch and Boothe roads led Ceres Police to arrest 27-year-old Carlos Garcia on drunken driving charges on Saturday evening.
The call was made at 11:05 p.m. The caller said the driver of a white 2006 Chrysler 300 appeared to be intoxicated. Officer Pat Dayton located the car at a red light and stopped Garcia in the Bank of America parking lot. During the DUI investigation, Dayton determined that Garcia had a blood alcohol content of 0.15. He was booked into the Stanislaus County Jail on a DUI charge.
• HOMEOWNER REPORTS BREAK-IN: CERES - A resident of the 3400 block of East Street returned home on Monday afternoon and found the front door forced open and two TVs missing as well as an Xbox computer game system.
The residential burglary was reported at 12:38 p.m. Police had no information on suspects.